NEC DSX – Sophistication Simplified
NEC takes the lead with state-of-the-art innovations sure to make your business communications more efficient, profitable, and enjoyable. Stylish additions to any work environment, all NEC DSX telephone models feature built-in speakerphone, two-position angle adjustment, and built-in wall mounting. Enhanced models also offer a backlit display and illuminated dial pad. Right out of the box, the system offers an innovative built-in Automated Attendant which can answer calls, play a greeting, and allow callers to directly dial extensions and departments without assistance. Also built-in is the ability to record a custom message for callers on hold.
NEC DSX provides cost-effective SIP Trunking with over a dozen certified providers from which to choose. Install NEC DSX IP keysets on-premise or off-site in a remote office. Peer-to-peer connections conserve resources, and built-in NAT Traversal makes remote IP extension set up a breeze. Choose between the 34-Button Backlit Display and the 34-Button Backlit Super Display offering the same features as their digital counterparts as well as Full Duplex speakerphones. Compliant third-party SIP phones, soft phones, and Analog Telephone Adapters (ATAs) are also supported.
NEC DSX Mobile IP Extension
The mobile IP extension feature lets employees on the go use their smartphone to stay in touch with co-workers and associates. Mobile IP Extension uses a softphone (such as Counterpath’s Bria) on an iPhone or Android smartphone as a NEC DSX IP extension. The mobile extension connects to the office WiFi network when the user is at work and automatically re-registers over the cellular network while they travel. The basic operation of the Mobile IP Extension never changes, regardless of location.
Affordable and Reliable
Designed with affordability and scalability in mind, NEC DSX is sized right – from the economical NEC DSX-40 to the NEC DSX-80/160. All NEC DSX-80 cards can be migrated to the NEC DSX-160. Even when growing from the NEC DSX-40, your investment in IntraMail, programming, telephones, and other station equipment is retained. Since the NEC DSX is simple to install and easy to use, the expenses of configuration, programming, and post-installation training are minimized. Additionally, the core NEC DSX call processing features are mature, efficient, and reliable – yet intuitive and easy to use.
Put IntraMail to Work for You
The ability to add voice mail is built into the system and only requires a compact flash card to activate. IntraMail is a fullfeatured Voice Mail Auto Attendant system that will greet and transfer callers and record voice mail messages. With built-in voice prompt
guidance in English, Spanish, and French, IntraMail is a great fit in multilingual environments. From 2 to 8 voice mail ports are available and easily upgraded through licensing. IntraMail features include:
- Message Center – Notify extension groups of important messages visually, using a message center key
- Directory Dialing – Dial a name instead of a number to reach your party.
- Message on Hold – Record your own informative company message.
- Caller ID – Caller information is verbally provided with a voice mail message.
- Conversation Record – Save and record conversations with the touch of a button.
- Live Call Screening – Listen as callers leave a message and pick up to answer.
Supports all the features of IntraMail, plus:
- Email Integration – Receive notification of a new voice mail message to your email inbox. Notification includes the caller’s number and name and can optionally include the recorded message as a .WAV file attachment. Additionally, Email Integration can automatically dispose of a new message when it is sent. The email disposition options include Save When Sent (save the voice message once the email is sent) and Erase When Sent (conversely erase the voice message).
- Email Synchronization – The status of the voice mail message is automatically updated when you open the email and is displayed in the message. The voice mail message will be marked as listened to and will be saved or erased based on the user’s preferences. There is no additional setup or special email requirements. Email Synchronization works with all types of email accounts (client or web-based).
- Cascading Message Notification – Cascading Message Notification can call you at up to five preset destinations to let you know a new voice mail message has arrived.
- Park and Page – Allows a caller to page you without operator assistance. You can pick up the call from any extension.
- Find Me Follow Me – The Automated Attendant can find you when you’re not at your desk.
- Wakeup Call – Great for Motels and Bed & Breakfast establishments, NEC DSX can automatically deliver a wakeup voice message to a room guest at a designated time. Wakeup Calls are conveniently managed from the web-based Wakeup Call Manager at the front desk. The front desk can set new wakeups, change those that are currently scheduled, and review the status of wakeups that were answered or ignored.
Flexible, Intuitive Solutions for Today’s Office
Built-in Caller ID
The capability for Caller ID (with Call Waiting) is inherent in every DSX system. With Caller ID, you can identify incoming callers before the call is answered. The caller’s name and number (if available) will appear simultaneously in the display. Caller ID features include:
- Logging – Stores the name, number and time/date of received outside calls for easy review, save and redial.
- Checking – A manager can view Caller ID information associated with a co-worker’s line or extension.
- Return Call – Easily return a call without manually re-entering the caller’s number. Select from a list of choices or have the system automatically redial the call for you.
- Analog Ports – Caller ID information can be sent to analog single line ports for use with customer-provided Caller ID accessories.
Wireless IP DECT
The ML440 Wireless IP DECT handset and AP20 Access Point provide the convenience of mobility by combining the latest VoIP and DECT communication technologies. The ML440 and AP20 use WiFi friendly DECT 6.0 (1.9 GHz) technology, so they won’t disrupt the office wireless network. A single AP20 accommodates 30 handsets and supports 10 simultaneous calls. The extendedcoverage solution, with support for up to 20 access points, provides seamless handover. The NEC DSX supports up to 32 ML440 handsets per system.
Phone Manager Administration Tool
Users and administrators can easily customize the most frequently-used telephone features with the NEC DSX Phone Manager. There is no software to install – Phone Manager is built into the NEC DSX and is web-based. The intuitive interface gets the user up to speed right away with no special training required.
Customize Your Communication Solution
Advanced telephone features include:
- Backlit Display and Illuminated Dial Pad – easy viewing in low light areas.
- Interactive Soft Keys – that change function as you use your phone, allowing you to access to advanced features by just pressing a key.
- User Level Programming – easy and intuitive guided menu system for customizing the features of your telephone.
- Hot Dial Pad – dial a call without first lifting the handset or pressing keys.
- Dual color (red/green) LEDs – to help easily distinguish between calls.
- Desk Stand – adjustable for two different positions.
- Wall Mounting – built-in for low-profile wall mounting capability.